Thursday, August 17, 2006

Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic and Delegate Selection meetings



While Liberals will be picking delegates to send to Montreal during so-called Super weekend, I intend to see the Chili Peppers on Fri 09/29/06 in Ottawa, ON at Scotiabank Place - Who would the Chili Peppers support?

Many of the gods, goddesses, angels, demons and elementals of the universe have conspired to send messages from beyond through the Red Hot Chili Peppers for the current civilization. After a year and a half of channeling and organization these messages have taken the materialized form of the double album Stadium Arcadium.

I'm going to have to spend some time contemplating that and I will imediately begin working on a contest to allow readers to match Liberal leadership candidates to Chili Pepper songs.

So if you have a candidate that you want to match up with Yertle the Turtle, my friends, scar tissue or any other Chili Pepper tune, send in your comments and I will try to post results in a family friendly way. How would Anthony Kiedis vote? even if I knew I wouldn't "give it away now"...

3 comments:

Pete said...

Good contest! Here are a few:

• Hedy Fry (for her cross burnings in St George) : Parallel Universe; I Could Have Lied

• Stéphane Dion (for his environmental platform): I Like Dirt

• Scott Brison (for his photogenic features): Skinny Sweaty Man

• Ken Dryden (for winning 6 Stanley Cups in the 1970s for the Montreal Canadiens - oh yeah! ): Get on Top; Can't Stop

What's the prize in the contest? You can't have a contest without a prize. Is it pumpernickel?

Pete said...

Where's my damn prize?

Pete said...

Clearly, I need to do better, even though I don't see any competition out there. I think this list covers the rest of them.

• Maurizio Bevilacqua: Why Don't You Love Me

• Joe Volpe: Shallow Be Thy Name

• Gerard Kennedy: Sir Psycho Sexy

• Bob Rae: No Chump Love Sucker

• Carolyn Bennett: Blackeyed Blonde

• Martha Hall Findlay: Don't Forget Me

But the best songs always seemed to fit the "perceived frontrunner" best:

• Michael Ignatieff: American Ghost Dance; Stone Cold Bush; Give it Away; The Righteous and the Wicked