Tuesday, March 13, 2007

After lobbying investigation, Reynolds registers

Last week I mentioned an illegal lobbying investigation and wondered whether it might prompt John Reynolds to action. Well, the Vancouver Sun today reports that Mr. Reynolds has decided to register as a lobbyist...and by the way, he's not breaking his word. Mark it down - "I'm not making a penny out of this..."

Last year there was a revolving door of lobbyists with access to Ministers - and this was bad. This year, Reynolds says,

I'm a prominent person within the party, and I'm going to make recommendations to our guys, cabinet ministers and others, including MPs, that hey, these are good projects for my province (British Columbia) and I'd like them to happen.
You decide if there is any inconsistency.

No comments: