Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What could be more Canadian?

What could be more Canadian than a home hockey rink building contest? I remember growing up and you would always here the greats like Wayne Gretzky telling stories about how they had learned to skate in their backyards that their parents had flooded, etc.

I always thought that it was neat that in some places this was the reality, but hadn't stopped to think that people still flood their yards to make hockey rinks to this day until I had heard about this contest on TV.

I must say that the kids in Sylvan Lake Alberta are very fortunate. Some of the other entries are equally spectacular.

1 comment:

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear pumpernickel. Wow, that is cool. Never see anything like that in Oz :) And I was pleased with myself for having heard of Wayne Gretzky before.