Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I am calling the Senate Race - the last 3

Three weeks ago I said that I thought that it would come down to these three Senate races to see if the Democrats could take back the Senate. With just a few days to go until folks head to the polls, I would like to make my fearless predeictions in the last 3 races which I thought were too close to call at the time.

Rhode Island: The primary battle combined with the implosion of the GOP on IRAQ and sex scandals will see this state flip from Chafee Red to Whitehouse Blue with the last 5 polls increasing the average margin to 6%. Democratiic pick-up.

Tennessee: The Republican Party's negative campaign ads are among the most racist and disgusting I have seen. Republican Bob Corker's support has been eroding, but I do not believe that the backlash will be enough to put this seat back in the hands of Harold Ford Jr. "Call me." I consider this one a Republican hold.

Virginia: Racist incumbent Senator, George "Macaca" Allen, whose exploits have been published previously by your humble narrator here and here, has now taken to having members of the public who ask tough questions roughed up and beaten. The Democrats pick this one up and Senator Allen can go back to shouting racist slurs from his pick-up truck. James Webb is ahead by 3 points in the last 3 polls.

This results in a 49-49 Senate and I predict that both independents Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders will caucus with the Democrats.

No comments: