Wednesday, October 11, 2006

One third of Italian MPs tested positively for drug use

An Italian TV show secretly tested 50 lawmakers and found that sixteen had taken drugs in the previous 36 hours, with 12 testing positive for marijuana and four for cocaine.

I am not sure whether to be surprised or not. Italy has a history of unstable and weak governments, but I never thought that they were all doped up.

I'm not sure if I am more surprised by the results, the illegal sampling or Prodi's response that we need to soften drug laws. How European of him, and get me some Doritos with the bong and Amarone while you're at it.

I wonder how long before some Canadian prankster tries to pull a variant of this one off here. I can see it now, the Quebec "entartistes" claim to have technology that informs us how often Jason Kenny and Rob Anders get any...alone.

The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Prairie Fire said...

What makes you think a third of Canadian politicans could pass a drug test?

Prairie Fire said...

And while we are on the topic, a great line by Franco Grillini:

"I have nothing to hide. I've done drugs in the past but now my preferred drugs are good wine and sex. Each to his own vice."

Amen.