Monday, October 02, 2006

And the winners are...


The Chili Peppers have certainly aged well - when I was first a fan, I was pretty sure that the heroin was going to be their downfall. But they played a good, tight show in Ottawa on Friday night, despite a bit of equipment problems on some of Kiedis's vocals. All in all a good time.

Well, as the judge in this contest, I had to give a lot of thought to the entries and here is the list from 8 to 1 of the Liberal Leadership candidates along with the most appropriate Red Hot Chili Pepper Songs as chosen by me from among submissions.

Martha Hall Findlay - Don't Forget me
Scott Brison - Under the Bridge
Joe Volpe - Shallow be thy name
Ken Dryden - Fortune faded
Stephane Dion - Yertle the Turtle
Gerard Kennedy - Sir Psycho sexy
Bob Rae - Me and my Friends
Michael Ignatieff - The Righteous and the Wicked

So the winner of the first prize, a copy of Eugene Bellemare's political caricature book is Willard, with Prairie Fire winning a copy of Jean Chretien's "Straight from the Heart" in second place.

Unfortunately, there is no entrant to win third prize which is a gym sock allegedly worn by Anthony Kiedis.

1 comment:

Prairie Fire said...

Thank you, thank you very much! God bless default.

But now I am hungry for the prize...Willard - I'm coming for you next time!