Friday, July 13, 2007

I was tagged

Mark at nottawa tagged me, and this is the first opportunity that I have to respond, and here are the rules:

Tag Rules:1. All right, here are the rules. 2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here are my 8 random facts:

1) I am a sissy when it comes to medical stuff - can't even watch TV doctors - and pass out when giving blood..
2) I have a 2 year old daughter who will soon be speaking more languages than me.
3) Rainier cherries are my favourite fruit in the world and the pumpernickel Reuben is my absolute fave sandwich..
4) My three favourite comics are no longer running original material: The Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes and Bloom County.
5) I have had several brushes with near greatness and near brushes with greatness including: Melissa Auf der Maur (she used to be the waitress at the bar we hung out at), sharing a ride with Salman Rushdie from the airport and seeing Bob Newhart at the Montreal Museum of Fine Art and him getting away before I could make a fool of myself with a Larry and my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl joke.
6) My favorite Halloween costume ever was me wearing an orange shirt, dark brown shorts and a sheet with lots of holes in it and a bag full of rocks- you got it - "Charlie Brown dressed as a ghost after he had some trouble with the scissors."
7) I am a pack rat and have kept the newspapers with Canadian federal election day results for the last 17 years.
8) I once won a contest for speedreading "Green Eggs and Ham".

Not very insightful, but I will tag a few people.

i) DC Grit
ii) Prairie Fire
iii) Tail
iv) Mascot's galore
v) Pawlina
vi) Little Miss Moi
vii) Sheena

9 comments:

Sheena said...

I will think about this over the weekend and respond.

And still jealous you saw Gogol Bordello.

Prairie Fire said...

I have responded to your challenge good sir.

JJ said...

I would respond - but I am still on a blogging hiatus... :-(

pumpernickel said...

Thanks Sheena and PF, JJ, let's just say your blog has degenerated since you took that position at Progressive Bloggers.

JJ said...

I actually quite progressive bloggers at the same time I stopped blogging...

pumpernickel said...

I completely agree with your decision. Please enjoy your sabatical.

JJ said...

Thanks, pumpernickie!

Oxford County Liberals said...

For the record, I don't think it degenerated at all.

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Boooo I didn't see this, way back when. I'll consider doing it, but my eight facts will be 1)I'm lazy, 2) I'm lazy, 3) I'm lazy and so on and so forth, ad infinitum...