Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Shawn Graham's Grits win Majority

Well, let the celebrating begin in Freddy, Moncton and Campbellton. First things first...sincere congratulations to Shawn Graham and the wonderful crew of people who have worked so hard to kick Bernie's ass tonight. In particular, kudos to my old pals Chris Baker and Bill F on a job well done.

In a race that the national media thought was too close to call, the people of New Brunswick have spoken and given Shawn Graham a new majority government. One of the great things about blogging is being able to say I told ya so.

In a developing story...

Brrinng, brrinng:

Bernie: "Hey Steve, it's me Bernie. Ever since Hatfield and Buchanon we've had a tradition of rewarding former premiers with a, y'know taskless thanks..."

Steve-O: "Whaddaya mean? I was just over in the other place telling those Liberal codgers that I was going to impose term limits and stop subsidizing the Geritol."

Bernie: "Yah Stevie, but you promised during the federal campaign and I said publicly that you weren't scary and stuff. Besides, it would only be for 41 years and it's not like breaking a promise on wait times..."

Steve: "Hmmn, what would my ultra right wing American Conservative buddies do...?"

No comments: