Monday, October 29, 2007

Week off to a bad start

Well, the Liberal Caucus is one person smaller following the resignation of BC Liberal MP Blair Wilson.

Liberal Leader Stephane Dion just issued the following statement:
I learned of the allegations of improper campaign spending against West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast MP Blair Wilson today. They are serious allegations, which raise questions that Mr. Wilson must address without delay.
As such, I have accepted Mr. Wilson's resignation from his position as National Revenue critic, and as a member of our national caucus, effective immediately.
I am particularly concerned about allegations of Elections Act violations by Mr. Wilson's campaign. I am pleased that Mr. Wilson has called on Elections Canada to launch a formal review of the matter. I trust Elections Canada will deal with this matter expeditiously.
Damage controlled? We'll see...

No comments: